Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Outraged!

I have many strong opinions about a lot of things, but nothing angers me more than when a parent's right to make a decision they believe to be in the best interest of their child, is stripped. It may seem like a small change in our state's vaccination policy (right now we can choose to exempt our children, but we do not need medical approval), but the implications may potentially be huge. One of the reasons I left our old pediatrician is because I felt judged regarding my decision to slow down the vaccination schedule. No parent should feel that way. I have felt very lucky to live in a state where I can choose the rate at which to vaccinate my son. However, our state government seems to want to tell us how to do it their way. (Political beliefs aside, please read on...)

Most parents have strong feelings on vaccines, but even if you don't, keep yourself informed on your rights.  Please read the information in the article below. Dr. Mercola is a very well-respected "naturally-oriented" doctor and I love his information.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/22/wa-state-vaccine-law-threatens-exemptions-and-violates-privacy.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment