Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Home Cooking

Well, I figured the last night of freedom before returning to work was as good as any to write an overdue post. We had a wonderful two weeks off (although some snow would have made it better), but I suppose it's time to get back into the swing of things. Jeff headed back to work today, so Jackson and I got to some baking...he loves sitting on the kitchen floor eating his snack while watching me bake. We made two loaves of banana bread yesterday, but the real story was today. We made two batches of Crockpot applesauce and two loaves of homemade (albeit not gluten free) whole wheat-white bread. First off, the applesauce was incredibly easy, but I'm proudest to say that I used honey and no processed sugar! I peeled and cored eight granny smith apples, added 1/2 lemon, juiced, one cinnamon stick and 2 tsp of raw honey. THAT'S IT! I let it sit on low for 3-4 hours, giving it an occasional stir. It was so amazing that Jackson and I couldn't eat enough of it fast enough. Seriously, you have to try this!

Next up was homemade bread using my new toy that my mother-in-law got me for Christmas. She and I had gone to a bread making class and decided we both needed stand mixers. Kneading the bread by hand seemed like too much work and too time consuming :) Anyway, the bread came out amazing! So soft and light...Jackson devoured his with some butter and homemade jam! (The jam ended up everywhere...I should have gotten a picture of that but missed the moment).




Quick pregnancy update: The belly is growing, although I have to brag that I can still fit into normal pants (although a size bigger than normal)...the baby is sitting high up which is why. I haven't gained much weight but you wouldn't know it from looking at me! We find out in two weeks what we're having so look for a post then! 

Happy New Year!

K

1 comment:

  1. Understanding the key signs of ADHD in adults will allow you to form a thorough basis for diagnosis to help determine if your friend or loved one should begin taking ADHD meds. The decision to take ADHD meds should not be taken lightly and consulting with a mental health professional is always advised, but there are steps that can be taken to help, and then, ADHD meds, which can make a world of good for you and a loved one.
    Symptoms of ADHD in Adults

    ReplyDelete