Monday, September 5, 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Okay, such a cheesy post title, I know. But appropriate. On Wednesday, I went in to have my locks chopped (at my favorite Oasis Spa in Woodinville), and donated to Locks of Love. I was nervous going in but also excited. My hair was so long and thick that I couldn't really wash it anymore; I just couldn't get it all wet, let alone lathered up to get it clean. I had a wonderful hair stylist (who may have gone a little snip happy), but still did a wonderful job. Part way through the hair cut, she began to tell me about this "new" Keratin treatment that was safer than the Brazilian Keratin treatment. She said it would make my hair more manageable and beautifully straight. I was so tempted (although less tempted when I heard about the price tag-$75), but knew I should probably do my research first. It does seem like the new version of the Brazilian treatment is safe as they do not use formaldehyde and they claim to use no harsh chemicals. I am still tempted to try this, although now with short hair, it's less of a big deal (and unless I win the lottery, I'm not willing to pay the price for a short-term--6-8 week--straightening product). If anyone out there has tried it let me know thought! Here are a few pics from the big day:



No comments:

Post a Comment