Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mmmmmm....Chlorophyll.....

Okay, so just a quick post tonight...Did you know that you can eat carrot greens?!?! I did not until just the other night! I am just so proud of our carrots from our garden, that I couldn't bear to waste the greens, so I did a little research and turns out the greens, although a bit bitter, are full of chlorophyll, which helps to fight cancer! So, I just chopped them up and added them to the dish I was making. And then I did it again tonight. They do have a bit of a different taste to them, but if you chop them like you would parsley you'll hardly notice. You can stir them into your dish or just garnish on top...I feel healthier already! (sort of)

PS: You may have trouble finding greens since most grocery stores chop them off, but you will find many a topped carrots at the farmers market or PCC...


No comments:

Post a Comment