Monday, September 5, 2011

Mama's Famous Chocolate Cookies

Okay, so I finally got brave enough to create a gluten-free, refined-sugar free version of my mom's famous cookie recipe. Are you ready for this?? They were not only approved of by the hubby, but also my niece and my mother-in-law!!

1. Cream three stick of organic butter (or dairy-free margarine like Earth Balance) with 1c. coconut palm sugar with 1/2c. brown rice syrup (make sure it's the gluten free kind) and 1/2c. honey (preferably raw).

2. Beat in three eggs at room temperature

3. Beat in one packet of organic pudding vanilla mix (do not use the Jello Brand as it is full of chemicals) and 1.5 tsp of organic vanilla extract (the real stuff, not the imitation). I also added 10 drop of stevia but I think you could get away with not using it, the cookies just won't be quite as sweet. (This is "secret ingredient" in my mom's amazing cookies!)

4. Beat in gradually a mixture of 2c. of a gluten free flour mix (I make my own, but you can buy them in any grocery store; Bob's Mill is a popular one, but there are others), 1c of gluten free rolled oats (oats are naturally gluten free but almost always share a factory with regular flours so is therefore contaminated), 1c. coconut flour, 1tsp of each xanthan gum, baking soda, and baking powder.

5. Then add 3c. of a chocolate chips; we use dairy free Enjoy Life mini chips, but you can use whatever you like.

6. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. They should light brown and slightly soft to the touch; they will harden as they cool. If you like them a bit more dough-y, like my husband, cook them a minute or so less.


I added a few links for some harder to find items in case you need them. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment