Saturday, March 5, 2011

Skin Care Products

I just discovered an awesome website; http://thegreenbeautyguide.com/, it is a site devoted to healthy, chemical free skin care products. I have struggled with my skin ever since I started college. As if living on my own, in a new city, with no friends wasn't enough, life handed me a cruel twist...acne. I used ProActiv with great success until I got pregnant. I had read that salicylic acid and benzoic peroxide were products that could affect my growing baby, so I got rid of the product. While I was researching this, I found out that most of the ingredients in conventional, store-bought products are linked to cancer. Lovely. Since then I have only used products where I know what the ingredients are and subsequently continued my struggle with acne. I chose health over beauty, but it's so hard everyday. Thank god for good (chemical-free of course) makeup. Okay, so back to my point...I came across this website because I got a mailing from ProActiv today, trying to entice me back...and I was tempted. So I Googled the ingredients in ProActiv and was reminded of why I don't use that product anymore. In some of the posts about the ingredients, one woman wrote about this site and how much it has helped her. So I ordered the book from the library and am going to give some of her ideas a try...at this point, I'll do just about anything. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment